Indonesia says 53 crew of lost sub are dead, wreckage found
![]() 1776 Sunday, 25 April, 2021, 16:32 Indonesia’s military on Sunday officially said all 53 crew members from a submarine that sank and broke apart last week are dead, and that search teams had located the vessel’s wreckage on the ocean floor. The grim announcement comes a day after Indonesia said the submarine was considered sunk, not merely missing, but did not explicitly say whether the crew was dead. Officials had also said the KRI Nanggala 402′s oxygen supply would have run out early Saturday, three days after vessel went missing off the resort island of Bali. “We received underwater pictures that are confirmed as the parts of the submarine, including its rear vertical rudder, anchors, outer pressure body, embossed dive rudder and other ship parts,” military chief Hadi Tjahjanto told reporters in Bali on Sunday. ![]() ![]() |

Strikes on 3 more alleged drug boats kill 11 people, U.S. military says
95717.02.2026, 23:18
Firefighter critically injured in 'catastrophic' explosion at a New York church
95817.02.2026, 22:56
3 people, including suspect, killed in shooting at Rhode Island high school hockey game (video)
92117.02.2026, 09:30
28 schools in Ahmedabad and Vadodara receive bomb threats; searches on in Gujarat
119616.02.2026, 17:52
At least 10 killed in mass shooting in Tumbler Ridge, B.C. (video)
225311.02.2026, 09:24
Small plane crashes into vehicles after emergency landing in Georgia State (video)
254810.02.2026, 10:12
Fifty-three migrants dead or missing after boat capsizes off Libya, IOM says
247609.02.2026, 16:32
Lebanon's Tripoli building collapse kills 14 (video)
234209.02.2026, 13:37


