Rubio: "No one was forcing Ukraine to give in"
![]() 423 Monday, 18 August, 2025, 10:26 Ukraine is not ready to give up its territories, and the United States is not pressuring Kyiv to hand over all the regions occupied by Russia, US Secretary of State Marco Rubio reports. Journalists asked whether the issue of transferring all of the Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia regions, as well as Crimea under the control of Russian leader Vladimir Putin had been discussed. Rubio replied that Ukrainians are not ready to make such concessions and no one has the right to force them to yield. According to the US Secretary of State, even if a peace agreement is reached, it will not include the transfer of these territories. Rubio also said that Ukrainians were not ready to give this up and that no one was forcing Ukraine to give in. He added that if a peace agreement were reached, it would not be like that. |

Trump officials plan to build 5,000-person military base in Gaza, files show
216Yesterday, 21:30
Poland's PM tells Poles to leave Iran amid 'very real' prospect of war
319Yesterday, 17:25
Hikmat Hajiyev: Baku court's decision on Vardanyan logical conclusion of 30-year conflict
288Yesterday, 14:52
Georgia will not vanish from map; no new route can replace its unique strategic role, says Foreign Minister
281Yesterday, 14:06
Military officials make progress in Ukraine, Russia peace talks
314Yesterday, 13:54
Trump meets with top Iran advisers as war threat grows
280Yesterday, 10:48
Trump has discussed timeline for Iran strikes — including as soon as this weekend — but no decision yet
277Yesterday, 10:08
Estonia is open to having NATO nuclear weapons deployed within country
49018.02.2026, 13:42
