Vance says significant US forces are concentrated in the Middle East

1692
Friday, 23 January, 2026, 16:54
US Vice President J.D. Vance said that significant US forces are concentrated in the Middle East.
“The president has a lot of cards he can play. I won't say exactly what he's going to do, but we want to make sure that we have a lot of options. We have a lot of forces in the region“, he said, discussing US policy towards Iran.
According to the vice president, US President Donald Trump “just wants to make sure“ that the US has “the necessary resources to respond“ to Iran if it “does something really stupid“.
Previously, Trump said that the US is monitoring Iran and sending significant forces, including ships, to the region. The US president, however, noted that "he would rather nothing happened."

Erdogan, Trump discuss bilateral ties, Iran and Gaza in phone call
74118.08.2026, 10:24
Kushner has rare meeting with Hamas’ leader on Gaza
92417.08.2026, 10:29
Trump cheers defense pact between Saudis, Turkey and Pakistan
105817.08.2026, 09:32
Israeli officials stunned by Iran’s rapid military recovery after 2026 war
148715.08.2026, 09:07
All goals of Russia's special military operation will be achieved - Lavrov
159014.08.2026, 16:34
Vance says low oil prices are top US goal in Iran conflict (video)
146714.08.2026, 14:46
Scott Bessent says US to apply 'never been seen' measures on Iran
147814.08.2026, 09:29
Finland will allocate €28.5 million to restore Ukraine’s energy sector
143613.08.2026, 17:39