US military convoy comes under fire from Turkish-backed militants in Syria
![]() 2312 Monday, 04 November, 2019, 10:40 A US military unit withdrawing from northern Syria and heading toward the Iraqi border has come under fire from the territory held by Turkish-backed militants, Russia’s Ministry of Defense said, citing the American side. The convoy was traveling along the M4 motorway – which runs parallel to the Turkish border through land captured by Turkey during its anti-Kurdish Operation Peace Spring last month – when it was attacked near the town of Tell Tamer, the ministry reported on Sunday. Nobody was hurt in the incident, a US Central Command spokesperson confirmed in a statement to Sputnik. It said that the shell landed about one kilometer away from US forces and posed “no risk.” |

Strikes on 3 more alleged drug boats kill 11 people, U.S. military says
99617.02.2026, 23:18
Firefighter critically injured in 'catastrophic' explosion at a New York church
99117.02.2026, 22:56
3 people, including suspect, killed in shooting at Rhode Island high school hockey game (video)
95117.02.2026, 09:30
28 schools in Ahmedabad and Vadodara receive bomb threats; searches on in Gujarat
123916.02.2026, 17:52
At least 10 killed in mass shooting in Tumbler Ridge, B.C. (video)
227011.02.2026, 09:24
Small plane crashes into vehicles after emergency landing in Georgia State (video)
256610.02.2026, 10:12
Fifty-three migrants dead or missing after boat capsizes off Libya, IOM says
248509.02.2026, 16:32
Lebanon's Tripoli building collapse kills 14 (video)
236109.02.2026, 13:37
