Elon Musk threatens to pull out of Twitter deal without more information about fake accounts
Monday, 06 June, 2022, 19:48
The billionaire has claimed that far higher than 20% of accounts on Twitter could be "fake/spam" and said that his offer to acquire the company was based on Twitter's own reports being accurate.
Elon Musk is threatening to pull out of his deal to acquire Twitter alleging that the company has failed to disclosure the number of "spam and fake accounts" on the platform.
The billionaire, who claims to be spending less than 5% of his time on the $44bn takeover, has made a number of comments in recent weeks criticising Twitter and its management team.
A letter sent to the US Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday warns that Mr Musk could "terminate" the deal because Twitter is in "clear material breach" of the acquisition agreement.
Last month he had said the acquisition was temporarily on hold as he wanted to confirm the company's own figures that accounts not operated by real humans represented less than 5% of users.
He then expressed support for receiving a discount on his bid equal to the percentage of users who are spam bots.
Protesters break into Libya's parliament (video)31902.07.2022, 14:18
Media: Universal Pictures will close its office in Russia30102.07.2022, 13:42
Elon Musk meets the Pope31802.07.2022, 13:00
Norway will allocate €1 billion in aid to Ukraine28201.07.2022, 21:30
Special Representatives for the normalization process between Armenia and Turkey held their fourth meeting in Vienna12301.07.2022, 19:00
Fighting near Lisichansk – the Russians tried to storm the oil refinery (video)33230.06.2022, 09:48
Russia fired $200 million worth of missiles at Ukraine over the weekend – #Forbes30628.06.2022, 10:48
Russia in debt default as payment deadline passes23527.06.2022, 21:18