13 members of same family die in Namibia after eating toxic porridge, reports say
Friday, 02 June, 2023, 00:36
Thirteen members of the same family have died in Namibia after eating porridge that authorities believe became toxic when it was mixed with a fermented substance left over from a homemade alcoholic beverage, the state broadcaster reported.
The Namibian Broadcasting Corporation said another four people are in a criticial condition in the hospital. NBC, quoting the Namibian health ministry, said at least 20 people consumed the “poisonous or toxic” porridge after it was mixed with sediment from a homemade beer.
The victims ranged in age from 2 to 33, NBC said.
The incident happened in the Kavango East region in the far northeast of the country.
More than 100 people killed after fire breaks out at Iraq wedding (video)264527.09.2023, 11:06
Two Azerbaijani soldiers firing on the 13th century Charektar Monastery (video)194327.09.2023, 10:12
The hospital in Stepanakert #NagornoKarabakh is begging for immediate medical evacuation for the hundreds of victims of today’s explosion (video)356626.09.2023, 01:00
''Azerbaijani forces have breached the new ceasefire deal in Nagorno-Karabakh''. Artak Beglaryan382621.09.2023, 13:24
There are thousands of missing people in Artsakh426121.09.2023, 00:36
At least 5 children have been killed & 13 wounded (video)203320.09.2023, 21:18
''The driver of the ambulance got injured''. Artsakh ombudsman268020.09.2023, 07:48
There are 25 victims as a result of the full-fledged terroristic attack by Azerbaijan, among whom 2 are civilians147019.09.2023, 21:00