Six presumed dead in Baltimore bridge collapse
![]() 4054 Wednesday, 27 March, 2024, 10:36 Six workers are missing and presumed dead following the collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge in the United States city of Baltimore, as authorities called a halt to search-and-rescue efforts. US Coastguard and Maryland State Police officials said late on Tuesday that search-and-rescue operations had been suspended as dive teams were facing increasingly dangerous conditions in the darkened waters of the Patapsco River. “At this point, we do not believe we are going to find any of these individuals still alive,” Coastguard Rear Admiral Shannon Gilreath said at a news conference. State Police Colonel Roland Butler said authorities intended to return divers to the water after sunrise on Wednesday in an effort to recover the deceased’s remains. |

Strikes on 3 more alleged drug boats kill 11 people, U.S. military says
258Yesterday, 23:18
Firefighter critically injured in 'catastrophic' explosion at a New York church
276Yesterday, 22:56
3 people, including suspect, killed in shooting at Rhode Island high school hockey game (video)
402Yesterday, 09:30
28 schools in Ahmedabad and Vadodara receive bomb threats; searches on in Gujarat
65816.02.2026, 17:52
At least 10 killed in mass shooting in Tumbler Ridge, B.C. (video)
197511.02.2026, 09:24
Small plane crashes into vehicles after emergency landing in Georgia State (video)
225810.02.2026, 10:12
Fifty-three migrants dead or missing after boat capsizes off Libya, IOM says
218809.02.2026, 16:32
Lebanon's Tripoli building collapse kills 14 (video)
206909.02.2026, 13:37
