#Axios: Trump will be presented with new options for potential US strikes on Iran
![]() 1011 Tuesday, 27 January, 2026, 09:36 Washington administration officials will present new proposals to US President Donald Trump this week regarding the possible use of military force against Iran, Axios reports. According to his sources, earlier this month, "Trump came close to ordering strikes" on Iranian territory in response to protests in the country. "Instead, he delayed the decision while simultaneously deploying military forces to the region," the portal explains. "White House officials say the possibility of strikes is still being considered, even though the protests [in Iran] have largely been suppressed," the publication states. The portal's sources noted that Trump has not yet made a final decision on the possibility of strikes against Iran. "He will likely hold further consultations this week and will be presented with additional options for the use of military force," the article states. |

Estonia is open to having NATO nuclear weapons deployed within country
21913:42
Zelensky: Ukraine imposes sanctions against Lukashenko
21313:04
Vatican says it will not participate in Trump's 'Board of Peace'
22311:30
Zelenskyy instructs team to prepare face-to-face meeting with Putin
24510:06
Iran not yet willing to acknowledge some of Trump’s red lines, Vance says (video)
26409:41
European officials report arrival in Geneva for talks on Ukraine
382Yesterday, 21:56
The second round of the U.S.–Iran talks ends in Geneva
454Yesterday, 17:13
2nd round of indirect Iran-U.S. nuclear talks begins in Geneva
442Yesterday, 13:54
