State Dept. Said to Order Diplomats in Saudi Arabia to Leave

20655
Monday, 09 March, 2026, 20:05
The State Department has ordered U.S. diplomats in Saudi Arabia to leave the country, two U.S. officials said, as Iran steps up its strikes against U.S. diplomatic compounds in the Middle East Gulf states.
The mandatory departure marks the first time the State Department has issued such orders for an embassy in the Middle East since the outbreak of conflict on Feb. 28 and underscores the growing risk that Iranian drone and missiles pose to American diplomats and government facilities in the region. The New York Times previously reported on the directive for U.S. diplomats to leave Saudi Arabia.

Hungary parliament elects former supreme court head Andras Baka as president
293411.08.2026, 20:27
Joint Statement of the United States of America, the Republic of Armenia, and the Republic of Azerbaijan on the One-Year Anniversary of the White House Peace Summit
215710.08.2026, 22:53
Nikol Pashinyan sends congratulatory message to Emmanuel Macron
1514614.07.2026, 11:24
The AECOM team and its Armenian government counterparts surveyed the TRIPP site
831810.07.2026, 11:11
Trump congratulated Pashinyan on his election victory in Armenia
773310.06.2026, 21:54
Zelensky congratulates Pashinyan
727508.06.2026, 13:09
Secretary of State Marco Rubio and Armenian Foreign Minister Ararat Mirzoyan at a Signing Ceremony for the Trump Route for International Peace and Prosperity (TRIPP) Framework Agreement, the Strategic Partnership Charter, and the Critical Minerals Memorandum of Understanding
687226.05.2026, 21:47
Putin in Beijing for talks with Xi
1295519.05.2026, 20:17