Israel-Lebanon ceasefire extended by three weeks, Trump says

President Donald Trump says Israel and Lebanon have agreed to extend a ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah by three weeks after talks at the White House on Thursday.
Trump says the meeting between Israel’s and Lebanon’s ambassadors to the United States went “very well.” The meeting was the second high-level negotiation between the two countries since last week.
"The President of the United States, DONALD J. TRUMP, Vice President of the United States, JD Vance, Secretary of State, Marco Rubio, Ambassador to Israel, Mike Huckabee, and Ambassador to Lebanon, Michel Issa, met today with High Ranking Representatives of Israel and Lebanon in the Oval Office. The Meeting went very well! The United States is going to work with Lebanon in order to help it protect itself from Hezbollah. The Ceasefire between Israel and Lebanon will be extended by THREE WEEKS. I look forward in the near future to hosting the Prime Minister of Israel, Bibi Netanyahu, and the President of Lebanon, Joseph Aoun. It was a Great Honor to be a participant at this very Historic Meeting! President DONALD J. TRUMP' Trump wrote on Truth Social.

Erdogan, Trump discuss bilateral ties, Iran and Gaza in phone call
62418.08.2026, 10:24
Kushner has rare meeting with Hamas’ leader on Gaza
80917.08.2026, 10:29
Trump cheers defense pact between Saudis, Turkey and Pakistan
89717.08.2026, 09:32
Israeli officials stunned by Iran’s rapid military recovery after 2026 war
137215.08.2026, 09:07
All goals of Russia's special military operation will be achieved - Lavrov
150014.08.2026, 16:34
Vance says low oil prices are top US goal in Iran conflict (video)
139014.08.2026, 14:46
Scott Bessent says US to apply 'never been seen' measures on Iran
140114.08.2026, 09:29
Finland will allocate €28.5 million to restore Ukraine’s energy sector
136113.08.2026, 17:39