Rubio and Lavrov had a phone conversation
![]() 843 Thursday, 29 May, 2025, 10:16 US Secretary of State Marco Rubio has urged Moscow to continue dialogue with Kiev. He made the remarks during a telephone conversation with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, the US State Department said in a press release. "Secretary of State Marco Rubio spoke with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov. The Secretary welcomed the "1,000-for-1,000" prisoner exchange between Russia and Ukraine last week. He also reiterated President Trump's call for a constructive and sincere dialogue with Ukraine as the only way to end the conflict," the statement said. At the same time, the Russian Foreign Ministry said Lavrov told Rubio that Moscow was preparing concrete proposals for the next round of direct talks with Kiev in Istanbul. According to the department, Rubio emphasized Donald Trump's desire for a speedy resolution of the conflict and expressed Washington's readiness to contribute to the rapprochement of the positions of the parties. |

Zelenskyy: Ukraine is ready for compromises, but not at the cost of independence and sovereignty
329Yesterday, 17:55
Araghchi: There is no military solution to Iran's nuclear program (video)
297Yesterday, 16:57
Iran, Russia FMs discuss Iran nuclear issue by phone
297Yesterday, 15:10
UK blocks US from using RAF bases for potential Iran strikes
354Yesterday, 14:31
Donald Trump suggests decision on Iran likely within 10 to 15 days (video)
336Yesterday, 11:17
Trump weighs initial limited strike to force Iran into nuclear deal
341Yesterday, 10:23
Trump officials plan to build 5,000-person military base in Gaza, files show
52919.02.2026, 21:30
Poland's PM tells Poles to leave Iran amid 'very real' prospect of war
60919.02.2026, 17:25
