Wright: US escorted oil tanker through Strait of Hormuz

United States Energy Secretary Chris Wright said on Tuesday that the US Navy successfully escorted an oil tanker through the Strait of Hormuz, following US President Donald Trump's promise that Washington will offer "political risk insurance" to oil tankers passing through the critical waterway amid the ongoing conflict with Iran.
"We are having restrictions on the flow of energy through the Strait of Hormuz right now. We announced that we will step into the insurance market and ensure tankers to go through. A large oil tanker went through about 36 hours ago. I think you will see more of those coming," Wright said in a video posted on X.
The US president previously warned Iran that any move to block the maritime traffic of oil tankers through the Strait of Hormuz would trigger a "TWENTY TIMES HARDER" response by Washington.

Turkey failed to find a buyer for Russian S-400s and may send them for scrap
9900:53
Explosion reported at school in Afghan capital Kabul
179Yesterday, 22:09
Jared Kushner to visit Israel and Egypt next week with Board of Peace officials to talk Gaza
609Yesterday, 00:09
Renaissance paintings by Antonello da Messina stolen from Sicilian museum
58416.08.2026, 23:11
Astronomers find water in the harsh environment near the Milky Way's black hole
63316.08.2026, 21:13
Here are the results of the Armenian chess players at the 2026 European Junior U20 Chess Championship (photo)
41916.08.2026, 20:36
Iranian Army Chief Amir Hatami announces $30,000 reward for killed, captured US soldiers
65216.08.2026, 16:25
U.S. military has lost roughly 25% of its Reaper drones as Iran war depletes arsenal
136313.08.2026, 22:53