OMB Says Iran War Cost $30B, Stays Mum on Supplemental

1213
Wednesday, 01 July, 2026, 00:16
The cost of US military operations against Iran so far is $30 billion, the director of the Office of Management and Budget told Congress on June 30, but he offered scant details on plans for a supplemental funding request that includes more than twice that figure for defense.
“We’ve spent about $30 billion,” OMB Director Russel Vought told the House Appropriations Committee.
OMB’s cost estimate is $1 billion more than Pentagon acting comptroller Jules “Jay” Hurst III said in testimony May 12, and $5 billion more than the Pentagon estimated April 29.
Vought offered no further details on the new figure and deferred to the Pentagon.

Jared Kushner to visit Israel and Egypt next week with Board of Peace officials to talk Gaza
49000:09
Renaissance paintings by Antonello da Messina stolen from Sicilian museum
476Yesterday, 23:11
Astronomers find water in the harsh environment near the Milky Way's black hole
539Yesterday, 21:13
Here are the results of the Armenian chess players at the 2026 European Junior U20 Chess Championship (photo)
361Yesterday, 20:36
Iranian Army Chief Amir Hatami announces $30,000 reward for killed, captured US soldiers
583Yesterday, 16:25
U.S. military has lost roughly 25% of its Reaper drones as Iran war depletes arsenal
130413.08.2026, 22:53
Trump administration cuts Medicaid funding for youth gender-affirming care
142613.08.2026, 00:11
Trump sued over Truth Social's $100,000 early access service
127712.08.2026, 23:56