Trump says 'pause' in fighting in northeast Syria is back on
Saturday, 19 October, 2019, 11:00
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday that a five-day ceasefire along the Syrian-Turkish border had resumed, despite shelling and machine-gun fire earlier on Friday.
“There was some sniper fire this morning. There was mortar fire this morning. That was eliminated quickly. And they’re back to the full pause,” Trump told reporters.
The United States and Turkey announced on Thursday they had agreed to the pause in Turkey’s incursion into northern Syria to let the Kurdish-led SDF militia, forces long allied with Washington, withdraw from an area controlled by Turkish forces.
Public vote on Russian constitutional amendments expected to be held by May 119416.01.2020, 20:30
Erdogan promised to teach a lesson to the Haftarot after refusing to cease fire27714.01.2020, 21:55
Tongues smeared with threatening': Iran rebukes Trump's farsi tweet supporting protests in Tehran21513.01.2020, 11:25
Swiss #BackChannel helped defuse U.S.-Iran crisis31211.01.2020, 11:40