Araghchi: "The third round of negotiations was more serious than the previous ones"

The third round of indirect nuclear negotiations between Iran and the US in Muscat, mediated by the Omani government, concluded on Saturday.
Speaking to reporters after the talks, Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said this round was “more serious than before,” and the two sides have “gradually entered more technical details” pertaining to nuclear issues.
“We are now gradually moving from general topics to more specialized issues. Today, we had economic experts present, and I expect that from the next session, an expert from the Atomic Energy Organization will also join,” he added.
Araghchi said the two sides exchanged opinions in writing several times during this round, including submitting written questions and receiving answers, facilitated by the Omani mediators.
It has been decided that further reviews will be conducted in the capitals before the next round of talks, said the top Iranian diplomat and lead negotiator.
The ongoing negotiations with Washington, he added, have given them hope that progress can be made, adding that the Iranian side is “hopeful, but extremely cautious.”
“I think our progress so far has been good. We are satisfied with the course of the negotiations. Both sides are showing seriousness,” Araghchi said.

Azerbaijan working to ease tensions between Israel and Turkey
17220:21
Chinese robot beats Usain Bolt's 100m world record in test run
34800:04
Iranian army says its military doctrine shifting from 'defensive to offensive'
545Yesterday, 12:25
Netanyahu holds security meeting on Syria and Turkey
42221.08.2026, 23:35
Erdogan, Trump discuss bilateral ties, Iran and Gaza in phone call
108618.08.2026, 10:24
Kushner has rare meeting with Hamas’ leader on Gaza
122917.08.2026, 10:29
Trump cheers defense pact between Saudis, Turkey and Pakistan
134417.08.2026, 09:32
Israeli officials stunned by Iran’s rapid military recovery after 2026 war
175115.08.2026, 09:07