Umerov: "The Russian side received a memorandum from Kyiv"

Ukrainian Defense Minister Rustem Umerov said Wednesday that his country expects to receive a peace "memorandum" from Russia by the announced meeting on June 2.
"We are not opposed to further meetings with the Russians and are awaiting their memorandum, so that the meeting won't be empty and can truly move us closer to ending the war," Umerov, who is the head of the Ukrainian delegation to the talks with Russia, wrote in a post on Facebook.
"The Russian side has at least four more days before their departure to provide us with their document for review," he said.
Umerov noted that he has already handed over the document which reflects the Ukrainian position to the head of the Russian delegation Vladimir Medinsky.
Ukrainian and Russian delegations held negotiations in Türkiye's Istanbul on May 16, which marked the first direct talks between the countries since March 2022.
Earlier on Wednesday, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov announced that the second round of negotiations will be held in Istanbul on June 2, the Interfax-Ukraine news agency reported.

Chinese robot beats Usain Bolt's 100m world record in test run
29900:04
Iranian army says its military doctrine shifting from 'defensive to offensive'
497Yesterday, 12:25
Netanyahu holds security meeting on Syria and Turkey
39721.08.2026, 23:35
Erdogan, Trump discuss bilateral ties, Iran and Gaza in phone call
105218.08.2026, 10:24
Kushner has rare meeting with Hamas’ leader on Gaza
119917.08.2026, 10:29
Trump cheers defense pact between Saudis, Turkey and Pakistan
131817.08.2026, 09:32
Israeli officials stunned by Iran’s rapid military recovery after 2026 war
172615.08.2026, 09:07
All goals of Russia's special military operation will be achieved - Lavrov
181214.08.2026, 16:34