Hegseth stated that he has no intention of entering into conflict with China or Russia.
![]() 1485 Wednesday, 03 September, 2025, 18:27 The administration of US President Donald Trump does not consider a conflict with China as inevitable and does not seek to start one. This was announced on September 3 by the American Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth. "President Trump has instructed us at the Department of Defense to be prepared for the historic restoration of our armed forces, for the revival of military morale and the restoration of deterrence — not because we seek conflict," he said in an interview on Fox News. He noted that the United States does not seek conflict with Russia, China, or others, and the United States has "made it clear." Earlier in the day, Trump accused Russia of colluding with China and North Korea against the United States. However, he also asked Chinese President Xi Jinping to convey warm wishes to Russian President Vladimir Putin and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, who arrived in Beijing on the occasion of the 80th anniversary of the victory over militaristic Japan and the end of World War II. |

Poland's PM tells Poles to leave Iran amid 'very real' prospect of war
10217:25
Hikmat Hajiyev: Baku court's decision on Vardanyan logical conclusion of 30-year conflict
19414:52
Georgia will not vanish from map; no new route can replace its unique strategic role, says Foreign Minister
21714:06
Military officials make progress in Ukraine, Russia peace talks
22513:54
Trump meets with top Iran advisers as war threat grows
22410:48
Trump has discussed timeline for Iran strikes — including as soon as this weekend — but no decision yet
21910:08
Estonia is open to having NATO nuclear weapons deployed within country
457Yesterday, 13:42
Zelensky: Ukraine imposes sanctions against Lukashenko
453Yesterday, 13:04
