Iran calls for immediate release of cargo ship seized by US

Iran’s Foreign Ministry condemned the seizure of Iranian cargo ship Touska by US forces and called for the “immediate release of the Iranian vessel, its sailors, crew and their families” in a statement published Tuesday.
The US Navy fired on and seized the Iranian-flagged ship Sunday after it tried to get past the US naval blockade in the Gulf of Oman, according to President Donald Trump. Footage released by the military showed a guided-missile destroyer firing on the vessel and Marines rappelling from helicopters onto its deck.
Iran previously vowed to retaliate for the seizure of the ship, which the Foreign Ministry called “extremely dangerous” and “criminal” in its Tuesday statement. It said the cargo was worth “millions,” without specifying what the cargo was.
“There is no doubt that the Islamic Republic of Iran will use all its capacities to defend Iran’s national interests and security and to safeguard the rights and dignity of its citizens,” the statement said.
“It is also clear that full responsibility for any further escalation in the region lies with the United States.”

Erdogan, Trump discuss bilateral ties, Iran and Gaza in phone call
62918.08.2026, 10:24
Kushner has rare meeting with Hamas’ leader on Gaza
81417.08.2026, 10:29
Trump cheers defense pact between Saudis, Turkey and Pakistan
90217.08.2026, 09:32
Israeli officials stunned by Iran’s rapid military recovery after 2026 war
137715.08.2026, 09:07
All goals of Russia's special military operation will be achieved - Lavrov
150514.08.2026, 16:34
Vance says low oil prices are top US goal in Iran conflict (video)
139414.08.2026, 14:46
Scott Bessent says US to apply 'never been seen' measures on Iran
140514.08.2026, 09:29
Finland will allocate €28.5 million to restore Ukraine’s energy sector
136513.08.2026, 17:39