Coronavirus: Six dead in China quarantine hotel collapse
![]() 4101 Sunday, 08 March, 2020, 12:30 At least six people are dead and 28 remain missing after a hotel being used as a coronavirus quarantine facility in the Chinese city of Quanzhou collapsed on Saturday. Rescue workers are still searching the rubble of the five-storey Xinjia Hotel in the southern province of Fujian. Seventy-one people were in the building when it collapsed and dozens have been rescued, authorities say. It is not clear what caused the collapse on Saturday evening. State media say the hotel was being used as a quarantine facility monitoring people who had had close contact with coronavirus patients. It's reported 58 of the 71 people in the building were under quarantine. The building's first floor had been undergoing renovation since before the Lunar New Year, the official Xinhua news agency said, adding that police had summoned the building's owner. The hotel reportedly opened in 2018 and had 80 guest rooms. The city of Quanzhou has recorded 47 cases of the virus, which first emerged in the city of Wuhan, about 1,000km away. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |

Strikes on 3 more alleged drug boats kill 11 people, U.S. military says
98717.02.2026, 23:18
Firefighter critically injured in 'catastrophic' explosion at a New York church
98417.02.2026, 22:56
3 people, including suspect, killed in shooting at Rhode Island high school hockey game (video)
94317.02.2026, 09:30
28 schools in Ahmedabad and Vadodara receive bomb threats; searches on in Gujarat
122716.02.2026, 17:52
At least 10 killed in mass shooting in Tumbler Ridge, B.C. (video)
226511.02.2026, 09:24
Small plane crashes into vehicles after emergency landing in Georgia State (video)
256010.02.2026, 10:12
Fifty-three migrants dead or missing after boat capsizes off Libya, IOM says
248409.02.2026, 16:32
Lebanon's Tripoli building collapse kills 14 (video)
235509.02.2026, 13:37




