The European Commission recognized the impossibility of sending the promised €3 billion to Ukraine
![]() 885 Tuesday, 08 November, 2022, 22:30 The European Union (EU) will not be able to provide Ukraine with a third of the €9 billion promised by the European Commission (EC) in May, said EC Vice President Valdis Dombrovskis. Of the €9 billion, only €3.5 billion was sent to Ukraine. “As for the €3 billion,” said Mr. Dombrovskis, “we did have a wide discussion about this amount, which is the remaining from the €9 billion announced in May. Unfortunately, it has proved impossible to decide how to move forward this year.” “That is why we emphasize the need to make a significant disbursement at the beginning of next year from (the assistance program for 2023) €18 billion, we propose that it be €9 billion. This disbursement should be made already in January, taking into account the needs of Ukraine” he added (TASS quote). In May, the head of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, announced that the EU would provide Ukraine with €9 billion by the end of 2022. So far, €3.5 billion of this amount has been provided: €1 billion in August, €500 million in September and €2 billion in October. The EU plans to send another €2.5 billion at the end of November. Thus, Ukraine will receive less than €3 billion this year. |

Apple stock has lost $191 billion in market cap over 2 days on fears of China's crackdown
336908.09.2023, 21:36
Ukrainian grain is now exported through Croatian ports
361007.09.2023, 20:30
Statement from president Joe Biden on Ukraine Independence day
581324.08.2023, 18:31
UK sanctions target foreign suppliers to Russian military
635608.08.2023, 18:18
EU suspends budget support, security cooperation with Niger
754529.07.2023, 21:54
U.S. chipmaker AMD to invest $400 million in India by 2028
754228.07.2023, 17:48
Maldives: Small island nation with big role shipping chips to Russia
811922.07.2023, 18:30
China imports record volumes of Russian oil in first half of 2023
841020.07.2023, 20:06
