Johnson wishes to run for new NATO chief
![]() 1214 Thursday, 23 February, 2023, 22:36 Former British Prime Minister Boris Johnson expressed on Thursday his wish to run for the position of the new North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Secretary General. Talking on the Ukrainian Rada TV Channel and answering journalists' questions, Johnson admitted that "such a plan" does exist and said that he considers himself a candidate for the next NATO head. "This is a very good, important position," he shared. Commenting on the possibility of Ukraine joining the organization, Johnson stated he sees "no contradictions" to it. Previously, NATO spokesperson Oana Lungescu shared that current Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg plans to leave his post in October 2023. |

Tehran minister likely to meet Witkoff on Thursday, says ‘good chance’ of diplomatic solution
264Yesterday, 21:37
The Rada announced the dates of the presidential and parliamentary elections in Ukraine
64421.02.2026, 10:23
US weighs on assassination attempt on Iran's supreme leader, his son — news outlet
60321.02.2026, 10:22
Zelenskyy: Ukraine is ready for compromises, but not at the cost of independence and sovereignty
69420.02.2026, 17:55
Araghchi: There is no military solution to Iran's nuclear program (video)
63020.02.2026, 16:57
Iran, Russia FMs discuss Iran nuclear issue by phone
56620.02.2026, 15:10
UK blocks US from using RAF bases for potential Iran strikes
61820.02.2026, 14:31
Donald Trump suggests decision on Iran likely within 10 to 15 days (video)
57420.02.2026, 11:17
