TikTok restores service in US after Trump pledge
![]() 650 Monday, 20 January, 2025, 12:37 TikTok is resuming services to its 170 million users in US after President-elect Donald Trump said he would issue an executive order to give the app a reprieve when he takes office on Monday. On Saturday evening, the Chinese-owned app stopped working for American users, after a law banning it on national security grounds came into effect. Trump, who had previously backed a ban of the platform, promised on Sunday to delay implementation of the law and allow more time for a deal to be made. TikTok then said that it was in the process of "restoring service". |
Trump told Cabinet that Elon Musk will leave administration in coming months
372Yesterday, 22:57Passenger train derails in Czech Republic
353Yesterday, 19:09Hungary 'expected to withdraw from ICC' during Netanyahu visit
329Yesterday, 18:21Watch Live: Sen. Cory Booker delivering marathon speech on Senate floor to protest Trump policies (video)
547Yesterday, 00:33The Georgian Parliament voted to return the article "Treason" abolished under Saakashvili
40801.04.2025, 16:15The statement issued by the Ministry of Defence of Azerbaijan does not correspond to reality
56631.03.2025, 21:39«Armenia's struggle for land and identity in the Caucasu»: DW Documentary (video)
56631.03.2025, 20:27Paris court sentences Le Pen to 4 years in prison (video)
44831.03.2025, 15:45