#Coronavirus: 40 London Underground stations to be closed
Thursday, 19 March, 2020, 17:10
Transport for London (TfL) announced there would be a partial shutdown of the network from Thursday morning.
Additionally, there will be no night Tube and bus services will also be reduced, it said.
The move comes after Boris Johnson said the virus was spreading faster in London than other parts of the UK.
Latest government figures show there have been more than 900 confirmed cases of coronavirus in London and 34 people have died in the city.
Earlier this week, the prime minister urged people to work from home and to avoid bars, pubs and restaurants.
This was followed by a large drop in the amount of passengers on the London Underground network during the week.
Iraq security forces deny reports about missile attack on Baghdad Airport6212:15
French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe, his government resign10903.07.2020, 13:55
European Parliament building robbed during lockdown (video)13803.07.2020, 11:40
Sweden launches commission to investigate #coronavirus response14202.07.2020, 18:05